Saturday, July 29, 2006

Summertime and the Living Is Easy



Here are some update knitting pictures. The top one is a sock using the handpainted merino wool that I ordered from Britain with the fuzzy mohair/silk blend. The two colors complement each other very well. The middle pic is the Philosopher's Wool sweater. The last one is the newest Socks That Rock club wool that came in the mail last week. The color is Peaseblossom and I think it's my favorite. It looks like my sweet peas in full bloom. I'm using a baby cable rib.

I've also started a pair of toes-up socks using Queen Kahuna's book. I wanted to learn Fair Isle and Queen Kahuna's methods this summer so I've started a lot of projects. It drives Dan crazy and he ribs me about having the talent but not the endurance to finish things. I keep telling him it's all about the process right now.

Up until today we've had a ridiculously hot July. It sounds like everyone in the northern hemisphere has. Today it's actually a bit chilly but they're forecasting hot again tomorrow.

Summer is lazy-wonderful! Dan parks himself in front of the TV. I knit with the iPod in my ears so that I don't have to listen to all of the nonsense on TV that he's watching. I subscribed to Audible.com and have been downloading books and podcasts in addition to music. I've really been enjoying Fanny Flagg's latest "Can't Wait To Get To Heaven". She has such a gift for storytelling and she reads it in her southern accent. I really love all of her books. She's definitely one of my favorites and I'm always excited by a new book of hers.

The stores have back-to-school stuff out already. How depressing! Costco actually has Hallowe'en stuff and we even saw a Christmas tree on display there yesterday. I'm not ready to shift gears to thinking about school yet.

2 comments:

Diane said...

Halloween stuff and christmas trees?!?!?! They must think we're gonna make it thru this terrible heat.

I love the colors of yarn for your projects. The socks with the baby cables looks amazing.

Dipsy Doodle said...

Your projects are all looking so gorgeous, I really like the yarn you chose for them, and the colors sure rock!
It seems Canada and the USA are now getting the extreme heat that we've been having over here for the past 7 weeks - temps in the 100's basically every day, argh! Now it's cooling down here fortunately, it's raining since yesterday - perfect for sock knitting! Happy knitting!

Dipsy D. http://www.millharrow.com/weblog