Tuesday, March 13, 2007

And the Melt Continues...

The temperature yesterday reached 10 degrees C (50 degrees F). It was only 2 degrees C today but it's quite remarkable how quickly the snow melts once it gets started. The little patch of grass in the backyard now looks like this.

And there is no more snow on the roof to melt.

A view of the park. Only a few days ago the ground was covered with several inches of snow.

I haven't done much knitting. No time. I've been trying to get the rear wiper on my van fixed. After several days of being in and out of the dealership all I have is a larger Mastercard bill. No rear wiper action. Don't get me started on the #*!@ dealership!

However, I have decided, quite emphatically, that I DO NOT like knitting 2 socks on 2 circs. I will do them one at a time from now on, thank you very much, and just have to get over the Second Sock Syndrome.

(P.S. I didn't notice Pocus' head in the sunroom window in the first picture until I published the post.)

3 comments:

Lovs2Knit said...

Yeah, the unthaw and warm up. I love spring. I feel for you over the dealership, we had a vehicle that caused us a lot of problems and the dealership gave us the run around.

Marguerite said...

I solved my serious SSS by knitting both socks on two separate sets of needles - knit a while on one, knit a while on the other. Finish at approximately the same time.

It's also a great way to knit socks if you tend to improvise on the pattern so yo don't have to remember what you did more than a few minutes.

Monika said...

I haven't even tried two socks on two circs. I like my DP so much, I don't want to changa a think. What a cute puppy face, he was probably wondering, why YOU were outside, while he had to stay inside! ;o)