Monday, May 21, 2007

Whew!

Bentley and I are tired! Bentley had his first dog show this weekend in Moose Jaw. He and Chloe are 6 months and 2 days old today and Bentley has 3 points toward his Canadian championship (they need 10 altogether) and Chloe has 2 - not bad at all. Darcie handled Chloe in the ring for her owner Daphne Bowering, who bred the litter. Bentley and Kai showed very nicely. As for Chloe, let's just say that she is a character who kept many people entertained! She certainly has attitude! Darcie also had her 8 month old sheltie Kai entered. The Dachshunds and Shelties were judged at opposite ends of each of the three days so we were up very early and stayed until late afternoon. I'm a night person by nature and there are very few things in life that will prompt me to voluntarily get up early in the morning but I will for dog shows. I need to get back to the work week to recover from the weekend.

No comments: