Monday, September 24, 2007

more goodbyes

My brother-in-law Dallas' mom passed away last evening after a brave battle with pancreatic cancer. She will be missed.

We also lost a friend of the family, Bob Farmer, last week. We spent many hours with Bob and his family when we were kids. Bob and his wife Marj were very good friends of my parents. Their children, Joanne and Neil, were almost like siblings to me and my sister.

I don't know why but life often throws us a lot of losses at once. Sigh.

1 comment:

ColorJoy LynnH said...

Susan, I'm so sorry about your losses.

Do remember to be gentle with yourself. Grief comes in waves, when you least expect it, and if it's more than a week after the loss there are folks who will not understand.

Find safe friends to share with, and do what you can to connect with safe and loving people in your life. Sharing memories will help.

You will never stop missing these loved ones. You *will,* however, become accustomed to living life without them. I wish I did not have experience in this area. I've had rough times, too. You are not alone.

So sad. Do find some nurturing, some comfort, and go ahead and be selfish in enjoying them whenever it might help.

I'm thinking about you.