Wednesday, April 02, 2008

all I wanna do is....

spin!

I'm having such fun spinning with my new wheel and Woolee Winder I don't want to do anything else. And to make it an even more worthwhile way to spend my time, someone on a Ravelry group suggested using an exercise ball to sit on while spinning. It is a little difficult to do when I spin on my double-treadle Joy but it's easy on the single-treadle Elizabeth with my other foot planted firmly on the floor. Just think, spinning is now a workout for core muscles!

Last night after everyone else had gone to bed* there was a k.d. lang concert on one of the TV stations. I spun and was carried away by her beautiful music. Bliss.

k.d. lang is promoting her new Watershed c.d. While it is lovely, my favorite album of hers will always be Hymns of the 49th Parallel. You just can't beat Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah sung to perfection by k.d.

*notice Austin curled up in my knitting chair - even the dogs were sleepy

1 comment:

Spinster said...

That is a beautiful wheel! Thanks for sharing the photos.