Wednesday, May 28, 2008

act of kindness

Dan came home from work yesterday with some sad news. Kelsey, a grade 11 student at the school, is very seriously ill with brain cancer. Her mom's friends have started a postcard campaign urging people to send her a picture postcard to brighten her day. The school staff is planning to send her postcards from their summer vacation travels so that she gets postcards from far-off places.

When I heard this I thought, "Shoot, people all over the world read my blog!" Since I won't be traveling anywhere this summer, I thought I could ask you blog readers to take a few minutes and send this sick teenager postcards from where you live or travel in the near future. Here's her address:

Kelsey
1434 Royal Street
Regina, SK, Canada
S4T 5A3

I am sure that she would be so happy to get postcards from you and, together, we can provide a spot of brightness in Kelsey's world at this dark time for her and her family. Imagine how surprised she will be to get postcards from total strangers with notes of support from the world-wide fiber community!

3 comments:

Lovs2Knit said...

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing. I'll have to keep snag a Montana post card when I go out this weekend. :~)

Aunt Kathy said...

I know I have a postcard somewhere and I'd be honored to send one out. God bless her. What a young age to have to suffer this way.

Anonymous said...

I would like your permission to pass along her name and address to a couple of groups I belong to. One is a friendship group and we send cards to others when requested. The other group is called Online-Angels. We are a not for profit group that makes and gives away loveghans to people who are facing serious illness, just need a hug, or have done a wonderful deed. We would love to send her a box. Can you please e-mail me at dclaing@mnsi.net and let me know if it is ok. I would need her last name and a contact phone number.

Thanks