Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Peanut Butter Cookies

The Townsend Socks Yahoo group has been talking about peanut butter cookies lately and it triggered a craving so I had to make a batch. I used my mother's recipe. I haven't found a better one anywhere. These cookies melt in your mouth. I posted the recipe if you're interested.

Gwen's Peanut Butter Cookies

Combine:
1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt

In a separate bowl, cream together the following:
2/3 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup butter
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg

Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture.
Roll spoonfuls of cookie dough into small balls and place on cookie pans leaving room for them to spread.
Use the tines of a fork to flatten the balls, making criss-cross marks.

Bake at 350 degree F until lightly browned.

No comments: