Tuesday, October 14, 2008

summer is not quite over

I had forgotten all about this lovely hanging plant when the snow storm blew in. Yesterday I remembered it and poked under the tree to see how badly it had frozen. Surprise! It is as healthy and happy as can be! It must have been sheltered by the tree or maybe the snow insulated it from the cold temperatures.

In spite of the snow still sitting on it,

it's blooming as if it's still summer.

I finished up a pair of socks for my friend Daphne.
She had admired the Socks That Rock Monsoon yarn that I knit for Geoff's socks last summer. I had lots of the yarn left so I knit up a pair for her.

And I finished plying this superwash BFL. I dyed the top blue and green and randomly spun it. I used two strands of the dyed singles and one undyed white single to make this 3-ply fingering weight yarn.

1 comment:

Gloria Patre said...

WOW! Did you ever get a LOT of snow!!! We only got about an inch and it was gone in two days.
Your handspun is coming along nicely! I really love the tweedy blue-green color! So-lazy-warm-spring-day! It makes me think of new grass and a whispy cloudy sky!
Sheltie-blend yarn? Amazing! I can't wait to see how it turns out!