Tuesday, March 17, 2009

as the kids would say, "My bad"

Cue the band....

Call me irresponsible
Call me unreliable
Call me undependable too.

I have been pretty sensible and responsible all of my life. My sister says that I was 15 going on 50. Maybe it's because I was the oldest child in the family. Maybe it's because my father died when I was young. Probably it's because I was born that way.

But....

I sold the knitting machine set and it is now heading to Oregon. The money from it felt a bit like mad money as it hadn't been earmarked for a particular purchase or payment.

Now I am really 50. So I decided to spend the money just for my own selfish pleasure. I don't need what I bought. I just want what I bought.

Some people buy red convertibles for their mid-life crises. I just ordered this:
It's a Schacht Ladybug. I ordered it from Shuttleworks.

Hey, it may not be a convertible..... but it's red!


6 comments:

Suzy Girl said...

I'm not going to call you any of those names...every once in a while we all deserve to be selfish and treat ourselves.
Love the Ladybug! My friend has one - she treated herself too. :)

Lynn said...

It looks like a hot rod to me!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Overly responsible you...because you are the 'elder' child, because you knew intense personal loss early, and big big because of your ancestors!
Next contest suggestion: How to we suggest Susan should spent her new-found wealth?

Jody said...

Oh cool! Mmmmm...wish I could sell stuff that fast! Have fun with your new Ladybug!!

Aunt Kathy said...

oh I hate the saying "my bad" it's like fingernails on a chalkboard. So of course my kids say it often to torture me, lol

Barb Matijevich said...

I'm such an idiot! Somehow, I missed this post where you announced you present to yourself. That's why I left the comment I did when you GOT your little red wheel about it not being a red sports car.

Good grief. Well, pretend I was just quoting you.

Blushing,
Barb