Saturday, July 25, 2009

Tour de Fleece and sock

I have been able to stick to my goal of spinning every day of the Tour de Fleece including the rest days. It hasn't been difficult due to my total addiction to spinning anyway.

Here's the latest spinning in progress.

Spunky Eclectic "Selfish" shetland (June club fiber) being spun for navajo plied sock yarn. These are not really colors that I would have picked out but I'm enjoying spinning the fiber. Shetland is so easy to draft. It's fun to watch the colors pop on the bobbin.


BeeMiceElf "Daydream" merino. Yummy! It will be Navajo plied as well. I'm not sure what project it will be knit into yet.


Lakehouse Loft "Lavender Fields" Corriedale. This is also destined to become socks, 3 ply.


And I finished one sock of the pair that will be gifted to my wonderful friend and vet, Jo-Ann Liebe.
I used the BFL/nylon yarn that I dyed and then chain-plied to make it a heavier weight. The pattern is Van Dyke from Socks From the Toe Up by Wendy Johnson. Great pattern, love the sock! Now onto sock #2.

2 comments:

Lovs2Knit said...

Great spinning! The sock is beautiful. Your friend is going to love them. I think my next pair of socks are going to be from WendyKnits book.

Is that a WooLee Winder on your wheel? How do you like it? I've been contemplating getting one for my wheel. I may ask hubby to get me one for Christmas. :)

Lynn said...

Wow you are getting some great yarn spun!!! Great job. Love the sock too.