Monday, August 03, 2009

'all growed up'

I love to see what my hand-dyed yarn looks like when it's 'all growed up' so I was delighted to get an email from Ruth (ruthieknits on Ravelry) today. She sent me a picture of her recently completed River Rapids socks that she made using the Aubergine yarn that she bought from me before I closed the Dog Lover's Yarn Etsy shop.
I think she did a beautiful job on these socks! Her niece will be the lucky recipient. There are more pictures of these socks in Ruth's Ravelry projects.

And here's a pic of the Aubergine yarn in the skein. It was one of my favorites.

While we're on the subject of newly finished socks, here are the Van Dyke socks fresh off the needles. I liked this pattern a lot and will try making a toe-up pair from Wendy's book, Socks From The Toe Up, for myself with this gusset heel.

2 comments:

Suzy Girl said...

Lovely yarn makes for pretty socks! I love any color called Aubergine.

Monica aka Gloria Patre said...

What a lovely colorway! The socks are really nice! A real "proud mom" moment, eh? Congrats!