Saturday, November 21, 2009

breathe, breathe

So I decided to blend some fiber that came in a colored variegation that I wasn't in love with. I spent a couple of hours on Wednesday and only blended about 2 oz. That night my shoulder was SORE! Before bedtime, a migraine was setting in. Not that my Strauch Petite drumcarder is difficult to turn. It isn't. It's a lovely little carder and does its job well. It was just my TMJ protesting the repetitive motion.

I had an appointment for physiotherapy on Thursday. My wonderful physio, Rachel, listened to what I did to my shoulder (even though I had to explain what, exactly, a drumcarder is) and she immediately touched the sore muscle on my shoulder. I guess she knew my body well enough by now to know what was going on in my shoulder (which connects to my neck, which connects to my head, and so on, and so on). She worked out the kinks and the pain is gradually subsiding.

When I got home from physio, Dan (bless his heart!) said, "Well, we can afford an electric drumcarder better now while I'm still working than we will when I'm retired." So I ordered an electric Strauch Finest single-wide. It should be here in a couple of weeks or so.

Now I am alternating between joyous anticipation and moments of hyperventilation about the cost. Merry Christmas to me!

3 comments:

Lovs2Knit said...

If the electric drumcarder keeps you from having to go to the doctor and causes you less pain then I say it's well worth the money! Enjoy your new toy. :)

I'm going through spinning withdrawals right now. I hurt my hip and it hurts to spin. :(

Monika said...

What are you going to do with your manual drum carder? :o)

Lynn said...

So sorry you had so much pain, but congrats on the new drumcarder.