Sunday, July 17, 2011

hot!

It's hot here on the Canadian Prairies.  Currently, at 6 pm, it is 31 C (88 F) with a humidex of 35 C (95 F).  Often our summer heat is tempered by low humidity but this spring's wet conditions mean that there is a lot of water still sitting around so the humidex factor makes the heat seem even hotter (and the mosquitoes are vicious).  Thank heaven for air conditioning!

Here's the view of the dogs from my seat at the computer here.  Notice that Austin, Robbie, and Bentley are sensible dogs and know what to do on a hot summer afternoon.


And then there's Cooper, bugging me to put him outside.  He doesn't care if it's hot - he loves to have me spray him with the hose while he leaps into the air to catch the water in his mouth.

We went to a movie on Friday night for the first time in years (Bridesmaids, cute movie,  good for summer viewing).  Yesterday I woke up with a backache that spread up into my neck and gave me a headache too.  I'm still sore today and hoping this isn't the start of a flare.  Did sitting at the theater make my body cranky or is my pain a random occurrence?  Who knows?

Anyway, I've been spinning a bit for Tour de Fleece.

Prepping merino fleece for spinning.  I love scouring and prepping fleece!  It's quite magical.


Finished first bobbin of the 'Austin' custom colorway from Spinning Awesome Good (didn't she do a great job?)

 and started the second bobbin which will be shorter repeats of the color sequence for fractal spun ply.


And I finished up the Bee Mice Elf 'Miss Havisham' BFL 3-ply.  I learned to make a photo collage for this one and I feel very clever!


And now I'd better take the dogs out just in case Cooper really does need to go.


4 comments:

Monika said...

Your finished yarn is quite gorgeous! Cooper would feel right at home here, where the hose is in use often, and the pool is nice too. :o)

deborah said...

Morris loves to jump through the sprinkler, just like a little kid.

Your yarn is lovely and I'm in awe of the prep work you do.

Tina said...

Dingo loves to cook on the patio tiles in the sun then go back inside on the cool tiles. Garden hose plays are a favourite of his, too! No AC over here. On the real hot days I keep the back door closed and as it is facing south west even the shutters at least half closed to keep the temps inside reasonable.

Jody said...

I do so enjoy scouring and prepping fleece too! I almost think I enjoy it more than anything...the promise of wonderful things to come ;-)
It's bloody hot and humid here too Susan. The whole week will be high humidex. I feel sorry for the Alpacas and Sheep that do not have A/C!