Saturday, December 15, 2012

not as beautiful as the new baby but....

very pretty indeed is the new Limited Edition Majacraft Rose that arrived a couple of weeks ago.  I finally had a chance to take a picture of it in good light today.
(And look!  It matches Cooper, the sable sheltie, in the background.)

My wheel is number 21 of 25 wheels produced.  Instead of the usual rose decoration this wheel has Maori engraving on the upright handle, the treadles,


the back of the drive wheel,

and on the bobbin carrier/kate.

If you're looking for one of the 25 LE Roses for yourself, I think Shuttleworks may still have some available.  Mine already has some pretty pink merino/silk fiber on the go.

3 comments:

Christine said...

Congratulations to your very lovly granddaughter!
And happy spinning-hours with the Rose :) I`ve got a Rose, too - but not from this nice edition.
Greetings from Germany
...and have nice Christmasdays with your family!!!
Christine

Monika said...

A cute Baby AND a new wheel? I'm officially jealous!

Jody said...

What I love about the new wheel is the lazy kate. The old style is virtually useless as a kate.
Love the wood on the flyer!